:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Monday, December 20, 2004 ::

Wow, last week was such a hellish week. I'm so glad it's over. During that week, I had been slaving over a huge 30-page paper that was due this past Friday, which was also the due date for another 5-page paper, plus an exam! That pretty much explains what I've been busy with. Writing, writing, and studying. I pretty much cleared out my schedule so I could work on all these assignments. This week, my sleeping pattern became all messed up, too. Alas, I am tired, but it's all over, and I will sleep sleep sleep on the plane ride home and my much-too-short vacation.

This past Saturday, as a grand release from the stress of this past week and a celebration of being pretty much finished with all my work, I went to a big holiday party thrown by my dear friend. We danced, partied, ate, and had a blast. After the crowd left, a small core of us stayed after and sang along to "classic" Disney songs! It was such a great time with friends.

On Sunday, I worked on even more schoolwork and then studied for my statistics exam on Monday. I also went into town to see Barrage! I first discovered this unique fiddle performance group when I went to Disneyland two years ago. They amazed me with their unique blend of upbeat world music and amazing choreography that enlivened their performance. They were in Boston this week as part of their new "Vagabond Tales" tour, so I went to see them perform. When they performed at Disneyland, it was like a concert, so they had fun and had onstage antics. However, in this touring show, there is a storyline and a serious plot, so they don't get to fool around and be as crazy onstage, except for the finale and encore pieces. I missed their lightheartedness, but it was still exciting to see and hear them perform. They had many new songs, and exciting new choreography, including one involving giant bouncy balls. They would kick them around and bounce on them in patterns while playing the fiddle! After the show, the cast members were in the lobby to greet the audience, so I got a chance to speak to some of them again. One of the cast members (the Scottish lady with the amazing singing voice) said she remembered me from when they performed at Disneyland! It was cool.

On Monday, I went to classes in the morning. I then went with the graduate student I'm working with in the psychology lab to South Station, where we distributed questionnaires for a study we're conducting. There were a lot of really nice people who helped us out while they were waiting for their trains to depart.

It was snowing, and although it stopped snowing in the evening, the air became so cold that it was painful to walk outside. My face was hurting after having to walk back to my dorm.

Later that night, my friends and I went to trivia night. It was a lot of fun, and we won! I contributed with the facts that Norm McDonald from Saturday Night Live was born on Christmas Day, that Lucy charges five cents for "psychiatric help," and that the characters Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street were named after minor characters in the Christmas movie "It's A Wonderful Life."

Quote of the Day: "What do I say? Can we have a cup of Crisco because my friend wants to try fisting?"

:: SL 9:24 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?