:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 ::

Ah, it's been a good week. And I'm all done with the semester!!!

This morning, I got up bright and early and had breakfast. Then I headed over to take my three-hour final. It was for my samurai history and literature class, and we had to complete several IDs and then write four essays. Ugh. My hand was so tired after all that writing!

I then went out and treated myself to some bubble tea!

Yesterday, the dining hall hosted a "Savory Spotlight" on citrus fruits, so we had fun sampling each kind, from sweet limes to tangerines to kumquats. There was also lemon meringue pie and freshly squeezed orange juice. Yum! So we all got a bunch of different citrus fruits, and there were so many different types we ended up re-enacting the opening scene of The Lion King using the giant-ass orange as Mufasa, the sweet lime with the branch attached to it as Rafiki, and the tiny kumquat as Simba.

Then I ate Simba.

It was crazy.

But oh what a wonderful lunch that was. The food was great, I was with some great friends, and I had an amazing time. I actually have spent a lot of time with friends this week at the dining hall, despite everyone being busy studying for finals. Hanging out with friends makes for such a great study break!

Yay, I have created my own LiveJournal account. I think it's going to be an abridged version of what I put up here. So keep checking this page for regular updates. But if you're on LiveJournal, add me as a friend!!!

Oh, I almost forgot... last night in the serving area of the dining hall, they were playing the Spice Girls' late-90s hit "Stop," and these two big football players started singing and dancing along and really getting into the song. It was such a strange sight, but it totally made my day.

Quote of the Day: "I'll juggle *your* kumquats!"

:: SL 11:02 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?