:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 ::

On Saturday night, my friends and I watched Britney Spears' terrible movie, Crossroads. And by terrible, I mean amazing. This Britney Spears vehicle was filled with so many mockworthy moments; we had a good time making fun of the absurdities. The best part was when Britney (who plays an introspective high school valedictorian - it takes a real stretch of the imagination to wrap your mind around that concept) writes a "poem" called "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman." Then her love interest in the film writes a melody for the poem, thus making it into the song "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman," which Britney performs at the end of the film, thus creating a cathartic finale after watching the tragedies the characters had to endure throughout the film.

Of course, the movie is badly acted and some scenes exist for the sole purpose of allowing Britney to sing another song, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

Afterwards, my friend and I went to get bubble tea. This time I got the green apple flavor. We then saw the beginning of Napoleon Dynamite (it was a bit funnier this second time around) and went to get some late-nite pizza.

On Sunday, I did schoolwork. I also worked on my website, which has suddenly seen a spike in traffic.

On Monday, I had classes from noon to 4. Yikes... the day is ending before I know it. I had a nice dinner with friends, and later we watched the trashy TV show "Trading Spouses." I'd never heard of this show before, but my friend introduced me to it because this week's episode featured a family from her hometown in upstate New York. She had given piano and violin lessons to one of the family's daughters.

The concept of the reality program is that the mothers of two families switch with each other for a week. The family gets to adjust to the new mother and see what she's like. Well, it was hilarious to watch because one of the mothers (the one from my friend's hometown) was crazy. She was convinced that the house of the new family she was staying with was haunted and had a ghost, and she even hired "ghostbusters." It was hilarious to watch because she was just so into what the "ghost exterminators" saying, while the rest of the family just watched in amusement and disgust by her ridiculous behavior. The crazy lady claimed that she had photographic proof of the ghost on her digital camera, but even the family's 9-year-old son explained, "The thing in the picture is just the light from the camera reflected in the mirror."

The family hated the crazy mother, and when she finally left at the end of the week, she was all teary and emotional, saying, "I know you might be sad that I'm leaving, but don't cry!" but you could see on the faces of the family members that they were secretly overjoyed that she was finally leaving.

Oh, the show was incredibly trashy, but it was so funny to watch and make fun of the people in it. I'm glad my friend introduced me to it.

Later in the evening, I watched the British comedy Father Ted with another group of friends. I had this wonderful Mandarin Orange Spice herbal tea that was quite good.

Quote of the Day: "Oh, no! Not Toilet Duck again!"

:: SL 1:04 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?