:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Friday, April 01, 2005 ::

Yesterday was fun. Today was fun, too!

I had spent all day on Monday and Tuesday at home, watching the family business and whatnot, so on Wednesday, after spending the morning at home, my sister and I went into SLO-town and saw the movie Bride and Prejudice, the Bollywood musical retelling of Jane Austen's classic novel. It had everything one could ask of a Bollywood musical: random singing in the streets (with random people joining in), high drama and emotion, and spectacular dance sequences. The tunes were quite catchy, despite the lyrics (I think one of them went something like "Without a wife, you've got no life"). I wouldn't mind seeing this one again.

Afterwards, my sister and I had Solo Stix at Pizza Solo. Yum. I haven't had them in some time. They've raised the price on them, though, but the price of everything is going up nowadays. Alas.

I got home from SLO, but then my good friend called me and invited me to go bowling, yay!!! And my friend (OK, OK, it was Jessi) even gave me a ride. So nice of her! We went bowling and I got to meet some of Jessi and Missy's friends from track/field at Cuesta. We then went to Denny's to have a late night snack, and we got to converse and chat and laugh. I laughed so hard at Missy's antics with the vanilla milkshake. I had some Sprite soda with a cherry "flavor shot." Tasty!

Today, my grandparents and sister and mother and I went to Santa Maria to go shopping at the mall. I got a new Mickey Mouse t-shirt! It says "Member - Mickey Mouse Club." How cool is that??? I'm finally a member of the Mickey Mouse Club! I'm going to be wearing this shirt a lot. We also went to Costco, where I tried every single food sample they offered, from peanut butter cookies to salsa & chips to a small cup of Gatorade (eww, I don't like its flavor). I was just really hungry.

Oh, while in Santa Maria, we passed by the courthouse, where the huge Michael Jackson trial was going on. The streets were empty because the trial had adjourned for the day, but you could see all the barricades set up, and there was even a fan holding vigil outside wearing a t-shirt that says, "We love you, Michael!" I always forget how close to home the Michael Jackson trial is taking place, and it was neat to see the physical location of one of the biggest news stories going on at this time.

We headed back home, and I got dropped off in SLO for Farmer's Market! Yay! I wandered around and enjoyed some of the live music acts. There was a really cool rock band playing. I also stepped into some of the random gift shops downtown and greeted Downtown Brown. I then met up with Jessi and Missy and Bruce! We had dinner in front of Pizza Solo (I actually had sweet and sour chicken from Mondeo Pronto… it came in a wrap, even though I specifically asked for a bowl order!!!), and because I am such a sloooow eater, it took me a while to finish, but I had a good time conversing and catching up on "gossip" with Bruce. I also saw a lot of former classmates! It was like a mini high school reunion.

I came home early to pack and get ready because now, I'm going off to SLO-town once again to the Greyhound station, where I'm departing to go to San Diego to visit my dear friend Sharilyn for the weekend! Yay! I can't wait to check out San Diego and UCSD! I'm then going from San Diego to LAX on Sunday to go back to school, thus concluding my spring break!

Yay, my sister just found out she got into UC Berkeley! I wonder what school she'll end up going to…

Quote(s) of the Day: "Could you put your balls away?" "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize my balls were in the way."

"I can't just hug a gay guy."

:: SL 1:41 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?