:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 ::

The P-A-R-T-Y turned out to be a quiet get-together with friends, but it was quite enjoyable.

On Saturday, my sister and I went to Disneyland! It was a lot of fun; it was the first time my sister had seen all the new 50th anniversary stuff, and it was cool to see her reaction to all the new things. We went on so many rides and saw so many shows in one day. We also found our pictures in the “Happiest Faces on Earth” photo collages.

We saw the new Block Party Bash at the dreadful Disney’s California Adventure, and the parade/show was great… it made me want to dance in the streets because the dancers were so energetic and the music so upbeat and catchy.

Here’s the obligatory Disneyland ride photo:



Yay. The fireworks were amazing, as usual… I can’t even imagine how much it must cost to put on that 17-minute pyrotechnic display.

We didn’t get back on Sunday until the late afternoon, and I had to rush to pack and get to the airport, so I couldn’t see my friends from home one last time *sad tear*. I might be back at the end of summer

Now, I'm back in Philadelphia, and I had a story published today! Yay!

Today, I got to cover a huge protest against the big biotech convention that’s in town this week. The demonstration was peaceful, but then it got a bit violent at the very end, and the police arrested a bunch of people. One officer had a heart attack while going into the massive crowd, and I was right there in the crowd while other policemen were trying to resuscitate him on the ground, giving him CPR. He later died at the hospital. Such a surreal sight.

It was even more crowded on the streets because today there was a huge unofficial skateboarding event downtown, and the skateboarders (who had come from all around the country) were protesting to get one of the city parks open for skateboarding. The biotech protestors and the skateboarders converged, and they formed such a large crowd. The police were prepared, so there wasn’t too much trouble. They did have to use some force, though.

Well, things are going well; I managed to get some sleep on my overnight flight coming to Philly, and I actually functioned at work on Monday! I think tomorrow I will be following a reporter to the police station to see what it's like reporting cops, so that should be an adventure.

Quote of the Day: "Why do gay terms revolve around farm animals and lesbian terms around ocean animals?"

:: SL 8:15 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?