:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Sunday, June 12, 2005 ::

Well, I had to take my computer to the shop to get its hard drive replaced, so I won't be able to be online all the time anymore *sad tear*.

I was in a good mood yesterday because my story was published. I had to go a long way to the shopping center that has Best Buy, where my computer could be fixed, so I took the subway and then transferred to a bus. After leaving my computer at Best Buy, I decided to stay in the area to do some shopping. There was an Ikea there, and I had read about people buying cool things from the Swedish furniture store, so I decided to check it out. It was so amazing! It was like I had died and gone to... Sweden. Seriously, Ikea is the best thing to come from Sweden since ABBA!!!

I walked in, and there was a small three-person band playing (what I presume to be) Swedish music! It really set the mood. After you enter, you have to ride an escalator to the second floor, heightening the excitement of entering the store because it's like you're entering a new realm... the realm of furniture and home decorating. Then, you watch this short video introducing you to the store and giving advice on how to shop. You then follow this long winding path through the huge building to see various showcases and room decorating examples, and eventually, after winding through two levels and a huge warehouse, get to the checkout stand.

It was like a furniture Disneyland... There was a livingroomland, bathroomland, bedroomland (the areas weren't actually called that, but I decided to call them that)... I didn't need any furniture, but it was really cool to see all the things they sold at the store. Everything was so sleek and so modern and so... European! If I ever make enough money to buy my own house, I definitely would want to get stuff for it from Ikea.

Oh, and there was a restaurant in the store! And it served Swedish food! I tried some Swedish meatballs, a drink made from a Swedish fruit called the Lingonberry, and a dessert called the "Princess Torte." I always love trying new foods from different cultures, and it was so exciting to try these Swedish treats. The store also sold some Swedish foods, so I bought some crackers with hazelnut filling, as well as milk chocolate with hazelnuts (so European!). The chocolate is made from a company that supposedly makes candy for the King, so it should be good.

In other news, two young people called me "sir" on separate occasions yesterday... I think I'm getting old. Alas.

Today, I took a walk in the park! It's the same general park my article was about (Fairmount Park), but the park is huge... I walked along the river on the trail. It was a hot day, but there were still many people jogging, strolling, and having a picnic in the park. I'm going to have to go back soon to check out the rest of the park. I also got the latest issue of Disney Magazine (it's supposedly the last issue because the magazine is apparently no more). It's all about Disneyland's 50th anniversary and has some neat info.

I'm going home on Wednesday! I can't wait to see my friends again. It will be good times.

Well, luckily there's a computer lab here where I'm staying, so I'll still be online... occasionally. I'm hoping so.

Damn. Why am I so clingy?

Quote of the Day: "Well, you're definitely not going to be invited to the wedding."

:: SL 10:51 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?