:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Saturday, July 09, 2005 ::

In exactly two weeks, I'll be on a flight across the Atlantic Ocean for my first ever visit to England! I'm looking very forward to studying abroad at Oxford, and the subject matter - evolutionary biology - is becoming increasingly relevant, considering how some people as of late have been launching a coordinated attack on science in the name of unsubstantiated belief systems.

I just booked my ticket, and I've left some time for myself to explore a bit of Europe after classes end. It's going to be so amazing. I can't wait!

In other travel news, this Thursday I'm heading out to San Jose for the weekend for a journalism-related conference. A highlight is that we're going to visit San Francisco afterwards! I haven't been to SF in a while (well, that's a lie... I did make a stopover at the airport there on my way home for my sister's graduation, but that doesn't count), so this trip should be fun, especially since I'm going with my journalism buddies, whom I only see once a year. We're scheduled to take a tour of Alcatraz, too. I haven't been there since I was a little kid.

Oh, and Disneyland's 50th anniversary, July 17, is next Sunday, so since I'll be in California, I'll be making a stop at Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom for the historic celebration. Space Mountain, which has been closed for more than two years, is finally reopening that weekend, so I look forward to seeing the new special effects on the roller coaster.

Finally, another story in the paper that I forgot to post the link to: Camp teaches youth fire safety

Quote of the Day: "Stop collecting guys on MySpace like Pokemon!"

:: SL 3:04 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?