:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Saturday, August 27, 2005 ::

Last week, we went to Down House, where Charles Darwin lived and where he wrote The Origin of Species. It was neat to get a more personal view of the man whose discovories we're studying. You could see everywhere in his house his love of finding out more about the wonders of the natural world. Later in the week, we went to the Oxford University Natural History Museum. I studied for and took a final exam on Friday, and then we partied into the night since it was the last night in England for many of us.

Well, my time at Oxford has come to an end. The course was amazing. Our professor was quirky and hilarious and knew so much about the subject. The field trips were amazing, too, from Cambridge University to North Wales to great museums in London.

Now, it's time for a grand tour of Europe! I'm spending the last weeks of my summer before school starts traveling around Europe and seeing the general tourist-y sights there are to see. I'll have limited internet access during this time, but once I get back to school, I'll give a review of my trip (with pictures)!

Quote of the Day: "An aerial view of a Princeton reunion must look like pools of vomit merging into each other."

:: SL 5:01 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?