:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Thursday, November 24, 2005 ::

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I am visiting my fun friend Sara in New York for Thanksgiving. My sister gets an entire week off for Thanksgiving, so she flew back home for the holiday.

On Tuesday, after scrambling to finish my paper due that day, Sara's dad and brother picked us up, and we made our way back to her house. The rest of the day, we crashed and watched various TV programs, including one with the worst actors and actresses ever and a billion unnecessary subplots on the creepy religious channel. We were sure to mock the terrible production mercilessly.

Yesterday, I met Sara's hometown friends, and we all went to the mall, where one of the friends was looking for a job for winter break. There was a Disney Store, and I got a few new Disney pins, one of which is Mickey Mouse dressed as Santa. It'll go well with my Santa hat with Mickey Mouse ears.

We then went to see the movie Rent, which is based on the Broadway musical. I saw it live a couple years ago when the touring production stopped at the Performing Arts Center in SLO-town, and the movie version was really good, too.

Later that evening, we went to a diner and had late night snacks. I had this huge slice of carrot cake that was pretty tasty. The plate was decorated with this interesting green apple flavored sauce, which was tasty on its own but seemed strange paired with the carrot cake. At least the green color looked nice against the orange/brown of the carrot cake.

Today is Thanksgiving, and I am reflecting on things for which I'm thankful. Here are a few:

The fulfillment of basic needs such as food, shelter, clothing, etc.
My amazing friends who are supportive and have given me so many wonderful memories
Being able to get a good education
Having a kind family
The magic and fun of Disney

Quote of the Day: "If Beethoven had died in a plane crash at age 22, it would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."

:: SL 11:46 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?