:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Thursday, December 15, 2005 ::

Wow, it's been exactly four years since I found out I got into Harvard. I'll never forget the day when my life changed forever. It feels like just yesterday... I had applied early action in October senior year of high school, never thinking I had a chance of getting in. They mailed a confirmation postcard saying that they had received my application and that a decision would be sent by e-mail on December 15.

The day finally came around, and I was running to the computer lab to check my e-mail between every class in the morning to see if I had been accepted. I checked again at the beginning of lunchtime, but the notice still had not come. Finally, I checked one more time right before lunch ended. There was the e-mail from the Harvard Admissions Office.

I opened it, held my breath as the page loaded, and saw the word: Congratulations. I couldn't believe it. I reread the letter three times before I could believe the good news. It was one of the best moments of my life.

Since then, the past four years have been a nonstop whirlwind of excitement and possibilities that I never could have imagined or anticipated back then during my senior year of high school. Thanks, Harvard, for taking a chance on this small-town kid with big dreams.

:: SL 7:11 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?