:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Sunday, January 22, 2006 ::

Earlier this week at dinner, the dining hall offered a delightful "Savory Spotlight" (a special display featuring various variations on one food item) on honey. This Savory Spotlight set out five different types of honey (from regular dining hall honey to "apple blossom honey"), as well as some biscuits and apple slices on which to drizzle them. It was a fun Savory Spotlight, like many of the others, such as apples, pears, nuts, and citrus fruits (which we used to reenact the opening sequence from Disney's 1994 full-length animated feature The Lion King). At the very least it was certainly better than the Savory Spotlight on salt. Ha. That one was interesting.

During dinner, my friends and I made terribly unpalatable puns about the Savory Spotlight on honey... "Honey, check out the honey!" "I can't BEE-lieve how good the honey is!" "People are swarming around the honey!" "Damn, that honey display is //sweeeet//!"

This past Thursday evening, I ate waaay too much at dinner and forgot that there were two study breaks that night. The first I went to started right after dinner and was a fast food study break. Our entryway tutors bought tons of food from McDonalds such as Chicken McNuggests, Big Macs, french fries, and even healthier items from the menu, such as salad with chicken, yogurt parfait, and apple salad. For dessert there was even the baked apple pie with filling hotter than lava.

Afterwards, the mitigation pizza arrived. There has been heavy construction next to our dormitory, and to assuage complaints about the noise a mitigation fund has been set up. The crews tapped into the fund and for the past three days have been offering pizza as a late-night snack, basically a bribe to stop our (rightful) complaints about the noise. We call it mitigation pizza and keep making frivolous comments about it, such as, "I have not been mitigated by the mitigation pizza," and, "I think they should have mitigation sex acts."

Anyways, I had some of that pizza on top of the McDonald's food on top of dinner.

And since I clearly cannot tear myself away from the comestibles at any event, here's a new photo album I created entitled "Sam J with Food": Click here to view!

Quote(s) of the Day: "If you vomit in my room, I'll kill you." "Don't kill me." "Don't vomit in my room."

"Your revolutionary tendencies have turned capitalistic, and it'd be tragic if it weren't so lucrative."

"Thanks for the ice cream! You're the best sugar daddy ever!"

:: SL 12:19 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?