:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Sunday, January 08, 2006 ::

One of my resolutions for the new year was to update more frequently about the goings-on in my life. I guess I can start by doing a quick recap of winter break... (Here's part 1... Part 2 comes in the next post).

It started pretty terribly... papers due in the midst of my dying of what the doctor said was probably pneumonia or bronchitis. Nice. But Mr. Pharmy gave me some nice antibiotics in pill form, and that helped me get better over the course of two weeks.

Over break, I visited my friends Jessi and Bruce at their Bay Area apartment. Former high school classmate Sandy and her friend Misty were there, too, and it was a big party. Jessi and Bruce took me to a Chinese buffet, which was pretty good (Bruce thought I could get them a better deal because I'm Asian and all... I told him it doesn't work like that... White people don't give their white customers discounts).

Later in the evening, I reconciled with my high school friend Katie, who stopped by to visit with delightful Cranberry Bliss Bars, and we all made merriment with such activities as stealthily taking photographs of Jessi when she wasn't paying attention, hiding things, watching The Colbert Report and the Family Guy movie starring Stewie, and throwing stuffed animals and paper airplanes at each other in the living room. (Wow, the preceding sentence was waaaay too long.)

Jessi even brought out her stuffed bear (from the Build-A-Bear Workshop in Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort), which makes a disturbing giggling noise when you press a little box sewn inside. However, occasionally the little box migrates down the bear's body, so it ends up giggling creepily when you press its groin. Later, when I accidentally sat on the bear and it started giggling, I said, "Why is my laugh assing?!?" Of course, I meant to say, "Why is my ass laughing?" Can you believe that I was the only one sober in the room? Alas.

I shouldn't have kneed that poor bear's crotch to make it giggle. Luckily, the bear is ok.

The next day, we went shopping at the mall, and it was a lot of fun. I got some new shirts including this nice one, which I wore to a recent party:



We also ate at the food court, where I told some story from school that ended with the quote, "I CAN NEVER USE THE REMOTE CONTROL FOR THE TV CAUSE THE BATTERIES ARE ALWAYS IN YOUR VIBRATOR!!!" I accidentally said that line a little too loudly in front of a bunch of children who suddenly appeared next to us. It's alright, though. I'm sure they weren't listening.

:: SL 4:37 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?