:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Monday, January 16, 2006 ::

Two Fridays ago, I visited a couple of friends at the Kong, and while the Chinese food looked amazing, I didn't have any because I wasn't very hungry. We stayed up and chatted into the evening.

That Saturday night was... interesting. And magical.

Sunday morning, my friends and I went out to have dim sum for brunch in Chinatown. It was delicious. I haven't had dim sum in a long time. There were the usual dishes, like the pork buns, the shrimp dumplings, and the turnip cakes. We also had delightful desserts such as egg custard pastry, lotus roll, and sweet tofu! Yum. My friend remarked, "I've never had dim sum with so many non-Asians!"

Afterwards, my friend and I visited some stores to find a present for his significant other while I recounted a tale of sordidness.

This past week has been more writing of papers and then mad studying for my final Saturday.

Friday was the tradition donut bash where we ate tons of donuts and then it was off to the yard for the Primal Scream run, where students run naked to celebrate the night before finals begin.

My final on Saturday went well, I think. I knew how to answer all the questions asked, and I thought my essays were pretty decent.

That night, my friends and I had a small get-together. A couple of friends were getting their hair dyed, and then we played a hilarious round of bowl full of nouns, the game that's like Taboo and charades. There was much fun, and we munched on delightful Chinese takeout.

Sunday night, I went out because it was a three-day weekend. I finally managed to get my hair into a fauxhawk, something I've wanted to do for a while but have never been able to do because it is usually too short and my hair is too stiff. Perhaps I can get a picture up sometime.

Quote(s) of the Day: "On New Year's Eve, did you... indulge in any spirits?"

"Zimbabwe is sooo bad at being a country."

"Cannibals eat other things, too, besides people, you know; it's not like they can find people to eat all the time." "With 6 billion people in the world, surely there must be //someone// who is suitable for consumption."

:: SL 6:31 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?