:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 ::

Ah, time is rushing by quickly. I had forgotten how quickly the spring semester ramps up compared to fall semester. Midterms and projects are just a couple weeks away, and soon it will be spring break.

My friend and I have decided to go to Walt Disney World in Florida for our big senior year spring break blowout! It should be an amazing time; I'm looking forward to experiencing Expedition Everest, the new roller coaster at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

So my sister visited me this past weekend. It was the first time she had ever been to Boston (or a major east coast city, for that matter; she's only an hour away from New York City and she still hasn't been there!). She arrived late Thursday night, and we joined my friends Kayt and Mischa for a game of Settlers of Catan, quickly becoming one of my favorite board games ("What was that fun game we played last night? Gattaca?" "You mean Settlers of Catan???").

On Friday, we went and did some sightseeing around Harvard and Harvard Square. We had lunch with my friends, and then my sister wanted to go shopping at the Cambridgeside Galleria mall, so we spent the afternoon there. Then, we went downtown and looked at Newbury Street and the Copley Square Mall. We then went to see the musical Les Miserables, which I had seen a couple years ago the last time it was in Boston. This time, I actually knew the storyline and songs, so it was much more powerful. The first time I had seen it, I got confused because the entire thing is sung through and the faulty sound system (and my seat location in the theater) ensured that I couldn't catch everything. We finished the day stopping by my friend's birthday party. My sister was tired, so I took her back to my room, but then I later went out to socialize some more with friends in Mather.

On Saturday, we had lunch and then went out to Boston Common to go ice skating! It was only the second time I've ever ice skated; the first time was freshman year. Despite this unseasonably warm winter, this day turned out to be the coldest day so far of the season, with wind chill making it feel like it's in the minus degrees. Thus, we were freezing, and after two hours of skating, I couldn't feel my fingers or my chin anymore. My fingers were so cold that I couldn't untie the laces on my ice skates. Ah. We took the T back to campus, had dinner with my friends, and then we saw the movie I [heart] Huckabees on DVD. Afterwards, we went and got some food from the Kong. My sister loves crab rangoon, and, well, the Kong has some damn good crab rangoon. After that, my sister said she was tired, so she went to sleep. I still wanted to party, so after she went to bed, I went out to Currier where I met up with a couple of friends and had a great time.

Early Sunday morning, I took my sister to the Greyhound bus station downtown so she could go back to Yale. I then slept for the day, but after dinner I went with a few friends and we went to Grendel's and the Kong. I had sesame chicken, which was fairly good, but not as good as the sesame chicken at my hometown Chinese buffet. We then went back to my friend's room, socialized some more, watched some amazing/hilarious film clips, and had an amazing time.

Monday, I did work and tried to be productive. I also had a visitor over and we chatted for a bit. Today, I'm watching the Olympics and celebrating my friend's 22nd birthday!

Quote of the Day: "Is everyone's spam as fucked up as mine?: Subject: (fwd) Cat takes hard anal drilling and cumshot" "I always thought it was curiosity that killed the cat. Guess I was mistaken."

:: SL 5:15 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?