:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Monday, May 01, 2006 ::

So on Thursday, after finishing a paper and becoming generally exhausted from the week's events, I continued my time travel adventure (having already gone through the 90s and the 80s) by going to a 70s roller skating party!

However, the potentially good time was marred by the worst idea EVARRR: A huge pregame with alcohol right before Roller Disco. Heavy drinking and roller skating are two terrible things to bring together! People were falling down left and right, and apparently one girl even broke her arm. When skating, I just had to avoid all the stupid people who drank too much and then skated dangerously into other people or fell down and created a floor hazard. I think I did a pretty good job... no falls, although there were a number of close calls when people nearly crashed into me.

Despite the obnoxious 30-minute bus ride where crazy drunken college students were singing at the top of their lungs inside the metal school bus, creating a headache-inducing and deafening echo chamber, the skating itself was fun. I was hanging out with my friends Marion and Jordan, and it was nice to just skate around...

It reminded me of my childhood in my small hometown, where roller skating was one of the few social activities to do. We'd always have roller skating birthday parties there, and we took field trips there for elementary school parties. Oh, memories. That's one of the reasons why I decided to go to this roller skating trip.

On Friday, my friend Marion and I went to a fun party in the Quad, and we danced and engaged in general mischief. Saturday, there was the annual foam party, but alas I missed it because I was starting to feel sick and was very tired from not having slept very much the night before. It was my last chance to go to this annual event, and I missed it! Too bad. I remember being in high school and always joking about wanting to go to raves and foam parties. Oh, foam. On Sunday, I said goodbye to a friend who was going back home, having just graduated in February.

This week is the calm before the storm, as exams and major paper due dates are coming up. I should use this time to get a head start on these upcoming projects! But alas, right now, I'm at The Crimson, where happiness goes to die... Aughhhh...

Quote of the Day: "What if they're sexually incompatible?!? You don't buy a car without taking it out for a test drive!!!!!"

"Masturbation is the opiate of the masses!!!"

:: SL 7:31 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?