:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 ::

Sunday was such a great day... After having stayed up until 10 a.m. that morning playing Settlers of Catan online (yes, I have a problem), I finally went to sleep and woke up at 5 p.m. to visit Kayt and Co. for the Mather House BBQ, which was great because there was free food, and not only that, but it was good free food. There were the usual barbecue items like hamburgers and hot dogs, but they had salads and pasta and this amazing strawberry shortcake sheet cake. It was so good. I then went upstairs to play a game of Settlers of Catan and was so close to winning for the first time ever, but the couple with whom I was playing the game got upset at each other and left in the middle of the game. Alas. I had fun hanging out with friends, though.

I then went to a study break hosted by my entryway tutors. Although the sushi ran out quickly, I was pretty full from the earlier barbecue, so I just had some sweets for dessert (a cannoli and chocolate-covered strawberry). I then went back to my room to get ready for the Senior Soiree, the last formal of our college experience!

My roommates and I were hosting a pre-party, so a bunch of people visited and we chatted and had a good start to the evening. Everyone was dressed ever-so nicely, and we took lots of pictures before heading out to the formal, which was in this giant tent constructed in the lawn in front of the Science Center.

I had a lot of fun at the Senior Soiree. The music was dreadful, as expected, but for some reason I was not miserable at this formal as I was at some other formals... This one was with the whole school and not just our residential house, so it was fun to run into so many other people I knew. They also had great snacks, including an "industrial size" (haha) chocolate fountain that kept flowing through the night; the dipping snacks, however, which included fresh strawberries, pineapple chunks, graham crackers, pretzels, and marshmallows, ran out pretty quickly. They also had other snacks such as cheese, grapes, lemon bars, and brownies. Yum. I love chocolate.

We danced and chatted, and everyone looked amazing in their formal wear. I wish there were more events like this in "real life" because everyone looks so much better in a formal dress or tuxedo. It was fun to promenade and see all the cute couples. A highlight of the evening was when I (accidentially, I swear) poured water on this much-hated coke dealer girl in our senior class. Ha.

The party ended way too early at 1 a.m., so we headed back to my room for an after party. We then went to the Kong for some Chinese food, but they weren't seating people anymore, so my friends got some food to go. We then headed to the Weeks footbridge and chatted and laughed loudly and happily into the morning. It was one of the best nights evarrr. We watched as some crazy drunk people jumped off the bridge into the dirty Charles River, talked about inappropriate things, and ate Twinkies, goldfish crackers, and Chinese noodles. Oh, what a beautiful evening. I had such a great time.

Monday, I slept into the afternoon. I then went to run some errands and picked up my cap and gown for graduation on Thursday. Ah, I can't believe how little time there is left before I have to leave! At 6 p.m. I met up with my friends Alex and Alex to have dinner in Porter Exchange. We found this nice Japanese restaurant, and I had a teriyaki chicken dinner with California rolls, complete with green tea. Very delicious, but slightly overpriced. I then walked back to Leverett with guy Alex and I got some strawberry cheesecake ice cream from Baskin Robbins. So good. We chatted in his room and then girl Alex came back, and we talked some more and took pictures.

I then went to visit Kayt and her roommates and friends. We played a game of Settlers of Catan, and I won for the first time ever! Yay. All those hours of playing the game online against computers have finally paid off. Haha.

I then walked to the Quad to visit some friends who were having a get-together on the last day before parents arrive. We watched a hilarious episode of Family Guy and then chatted and listened to music. I then went to Currier House across the way to meet up with the cast members of the 2003 Freshman Musical, which I was in. We had a screening of a video taken of one of the performances from three years ago and relived memories from participating in the show. Even though I only had, like, three lines in the entire show, I still enjoyed the experience and being part of such a hilarious show. The songs were excellent, too. I think the guys who wrote the songs for the show will go on to write amazing shows on Broadway.

I then stayed up through the night starting to clean my room. I haven't started packing yet, and it's going to be a pain getting everything in order to move out on Friday and go home. Ahhh, I don't know if I'll make it.

Today, commencement activities begin! We have an address from the Harvard reverend and the Class of 2006 photo this afternoon, and my family is arriving! My parents and my sister are going to be here through Friday for graduation. Oh, it should be good times.

Quote(s) of the Day: "I thought he was gay!" "No, he's just awkward."

"Sad vag... Happy vag!" "Period vag... Orgasm vag!"

"I have a feeling pussy tastes like ham." "No, ham is more savory..."

:: SL 2:51 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?