:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Sunday, June 11, 2006 ::

Today, I slept in and then had lunch. I watched some Will and Grace on TV, and then my sister and I went to SLO-town to go see Disney/Pixar’s latest release, Cars.

I really want to get a pet now that I’ll be home, since I’ve never had one growing up, but my parents keep saying no. My sister and I still went to the county’s animal services department, though, in the afternoon to pretend to pick out a dog. They all looked so sad!!! In sixth grade I volunteered at the animal shelter, but I had forgotten how lonely they all looked in their cages. I wanted to adopt them all so they’d smile again.

We also saw the cutest puppy that had just been brought in by the people right in front of us. It had worms and a distended belly. Poor puppy. Aww. I wanted to adopt him right there. My mother would kill me, though. We played with some other dogs, and then one super jumpy one (think Jessi’s dog Aphodite) started humping my leg, and I was so weirded out I had to leave.

We then went to see Cars downtown. It was a great movie. I didn’t think I’d like a movie about cars and racing, but Pixar’s done it again with great animation and a story that’s filled with heart. It was funny because the film’s themes sum up a lot of the things I learned this past semester in Positive Psychology… Life is about the journey, not the end result. It’s ok to lose your way sometimes because it will end up giving you more direction in your life.

My sister then met up with her friends from high school, and we went to a Japanese restaurant for sushi. It was a cool restaurant, but overpriced. I like how for birthdays, they turn off the lights, turn on these flashing colored lights, and play a techno remix of some woman singing in an accent “Happy Birrsss-day to yooo… Happy Birrsss-day to yooo…!” Hilarity! It was like a birthday rave and it totally made my entire life.

We then went to get ice cream at Bali’s frozen yogurt and Coldstone Creamery. At Coldstone I got a cake batter ice cream with black cherry mix in. Yum. My sister and I then drove back home, and I watched some TV, organized things, and watched some more television.

Tomorrow we’re getting up early to go to Disneyland for a couple of days!

Quote(s) of the Day: “The Diva Cup??? That just sounds like a recipe for TOXIC SHOCK SYNDROME!!!”

“I don’t know… you seem like the kind of person who would use the Diva Cup…” [Audible gasps] “What’s that supposed to mean?!?!” “I think, um, clean? The latest technology? Sleek? Smells nice?”

“Stop pushing me into the old people!!!” “They’re not old; they’re Asian!!!”

:: SL 1:26 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?