:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 ::

Ah yes, the California Mid-State Fair begins today... I nearly forgot. I'm kind of sad that I'm not going to be in town for the fair this year. It feels like the first summer ever that I'm not going to the fair; well, it is my first summer not spent at home. I'm going to miss going to the fair... I mean, where else can I be offended by the "Ching Chong Chinese [or something to that effect] Laundry Service" in the "recreation" of a Western frontier town?

I have to admit, though, that the fair isn't really all that bad. Despite its occasional ignorance and racial insensitivity, it does offer one of the largest collection of concert acts near my hometown. And it does celebrate the importance of agriculture in our county. Plus, it gives young people entertainment and something to do during the sometimes dull summer months.

In other news, I watched day three of the Democratic National Convention on TV tonight. I was very moved by Senator John Edwards' speech. He clearly announced the position of the Kerry/Edwards campaign (finally!), from healthcare to education, from veteran care to combatting terrorism. Edwards' speech was incredibly optimistic, offering hope for the future (announcing a new catchphrase: Hope is on the way!) and rejecting the negativity that has been so widespread this year. John Kerry made a great choice in selecting John Edwards to be his vice presidential candidate, as Edwards offers a wonderful blend of optimism and charisma so important to a campaign. I felt that his inspirational vision for the future was reminiscent of John F. Kennedy's optimism in the 60s. After Edwards' speech, we got to see him with his family onstage, and I was just all smiles seeing such a beautiful, loving family together. His ideas, along with his American dream success story (the son of a mill worker, Edwards became the first person in his family to go to college through his hard work and dream of a better life), makes me hope that John Kerry will win so that Edwards can be vice president.

I can't wait to hear what John Kerry has to say tomorrow. We're really seeing the convention build up over the last few days, and it will all culminate tomorrow with John Kerry's acceptance of his nomination. It will also be neat to hear from all the veterans who once served with John Kerry during the Vietnam War.

Ooh, yay! My Internet Explorer is working again! I wonder what happened to make it randomly not work for a couple of days, when it has never failed me before. Alas.

Quote of the Day: "Oh, look, how charming! They're playing parkball!"

:: SL 8:26 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?