:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Monday, July 26, 2004 ::

Augh! Something bad has happened to my computer! I cannot use Internet Explorer to access the internet anymore with my high-speed internet connection. I have to do it through AOL. I'm not sure what happened... it can't be a problem with the internet connection because I can still access the internet, and it can't be an Internet Explorer problem because I can still use Internet Explorer once I'm signed onto AOL. Alas, what to do? It's really frustrating me.

This evening, I watched a bit of the Democratic National Convention. It was neat to hear again inspirational words from such major figures of the Democratic Party as Al Gore, Bill Clinton, and Jimmy Carter.

So tonight my friends and I gathered again for trivia night at a local bar and restaurant. It was a lot of fun, and we snacked on half-price appetizers. We had won last Monday, beating out many other teams and the second place team by one point, and we were hoping to defend our status as winners. We started playing two weeks ago, with the team name "Pussycat Liaisons." We then gathered again last week with the team name "Chocolate Malt" and won first place, getting us each $10 gift cards to *$s (ha! I just made that up... get it? Starbucks?). 

This week, we weren't doing so well and were trailing behind several teams. I noted that the team name we picked for ourselves, "The Rise and Fall of William Henry Harrison," doomed us from the start, considering the fact that William Henry Harrison (the ninth president of our country) died less than a month after he was sworn into office after catching pneumonia on the day he was inaugurated - a cold and wet day when he didn't wear a jacket and delivered the longest inauguration speech in U.S. history. What a great team name... the irony certainly is not lost on me.

Nevertheless, we won at the very last bonus question (worth quite a few points) by knowing which animal became extinct after the last of its species, Martha, died at the Cincinnati Zoological Gardens. It was the passenger pigeon, and we won the last round! It was very exciting. This time, we got $10 gift cards to Urban Outfitters. Good times! Trivia night certainly makes Mondays more bearable.

Quote of the Day: "This calls for sitting 80s style!"

:: SL 11:26 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?