:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Saturday, July 24, 2004 ::

This morning, a fire alarm went off in my building, and everyone gathered in the courtyard after being evacuated. This came after an entire week of early-morning fire alarm tests, and we residents did not appreciate the horrendously loud alarm going off, especially on the weekend. It ended up being another false alarm. Alas.

Today, I went to the drugstore to purchase some soap and deodorant, both of which, strangely, I had run out of on the same day. My friend accompanied me in the drugstore, and he danced in the aisle to the Muzak that was playing while I tried to decide which variety I wanted. I ultimately decided on "Mountain Rush," which in my imagination should smell like pine forests or the crisp, cool absence of smell that one might find on a snowy mountain. However, it smells nothing like a mountain. Not that deodorants stray far from variations of an indefinable "masculine" scent anyways. Did you know that deodorant costs almost $25 a pound? When I related this fact to my other friend, she noted, "Well, how many pounds of deodorant do you use each day?" True, you don't use much each day, but it is rather disconcerting how much these costs can build up over time.

Later today, my friend and I went to the Star Market supermarket. It was a wonderful excursion, and we got a lot of exercise out of it. I haven't been to a supermarket in a very long time, and they're actually quite exciting to visit. I'm not sure why I enjoy visiting supermarkets so much. It's not as if I didn't go to the supermarket often when I was a child.

Quote of the Day: "I want to get a tattoo of Sam J on my leg!"

:: SL 10:32 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?