:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Sunday, July 25, 2004 ::

Today, I went to celebrate my friend's 21st birthday. It was the most wholesome 21st birthday party I've ever been to, but that's not a bad thing at all. We enjoyed pizza and watermelon and ice cream and cake. The cake and ice cream were vegan friendly and very tasty. While at the table, we played with these little mind puzzles where you have to get separate two little metal objects from each other. The package the puzzles came in described the games as ancient Chinese games, but I highly doubt that they are Asian at all. The packaging played on the worst Asian stereotypes and went on about solving the puzzles by being at peace with nature. Puh-leeze. It was worth laughing at, though, and the puzzles were fairly entertaining, especially when you were able to figure them out.

We then settled down and played a rousing game of Scrabble, a game I enjoy playing very much but don't get to play often. I had been doing well throughout the game, and I think I ended up getting second place. We then sat around and conversed and had a wonderful time, listening to the soundtrack to the musical Avenue Q and playing with balloons.

Quote of the Day: "Oops, I forgot that in real life, there's no undo button!"



:: SL 10:11 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?