:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Friday, July 30, 2004 ::

Today, I went to see an outdoor production of Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing." It was fun to sit and have a picnic and watch the play. It was rather humorous, and I enjoyed the energetic performance, especially with the exciting sets, lighting, and costumes.

I wasted some time today watching trailers on apple.com. Who knew there were so many exciting movies out right now and coming up? There's an upcoming film called "Hero," and I think it's directed and/or produced by the same person/people who did "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." It was a huge hit in Asia (especially in Taiwan) when I visited Taiwan at the beginning of 2003, and now it will be in the U.S. It looks really exciting and dramatic, in that sort of Asian historical fiction epic sort of way. I hope they use subtitles and don't dub over the dialogue. That completely kills a film in another language. I once saw a version of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" that was dubbed in English, and it was HORRIBLE! I couldn't get over the strange voices that were out of sync with the mouths of the actors. Alas.

Quote of the Day: "For which of my 'bad parts' did you first fall in love with me?"

:: SL 11:58 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?