:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Thursday, March 16, 2006 ::

Last night was the annual Ying Dinner and Concert, and it was amazing, just like last year. They served a special dinner starting with Caesar salad that was so great I had two plates of it (well, I was really hungry, too, since I missed lunch). The main course featured salmon (my favorite!) glazed with a sweet and sour miso that enlivened the dish. This was paired with assorted vegetables and white sticky rice. A most wonderful chocolate souffle cake with a thick and gooey molten chocolate center served as the perfect dessert for the fairly light yet appropriate dinner. After dinner, the Ying Quartet (joined by four students), performed a lively octet piece by Mendelssohn. It was the perfect end to a delightful experience. I had forgotten how much I love classical music; I've got to listen to more of it.

Afterwards, we stayed in the dining hall through Brain Break and chatted and did (a tiny bit of) schoolwork.

Tonight, after a day of classes and sections, my friend Marion and I went to senior bar, which wasn't as terrible as last week. Free appetizers at Grafton Street Pub and Grille made the trip out worthwhile. Plus, the Kong was next door, and while we didn't partake in any greasy food there, the atmosphere was festive and enjoyable. Yay.

Oh, and we're all still buzzing about how great the 90s Dance was last weekend; it's brought back to memory great songs from the 90s we haven't thought of in forever, even though they weren't played at the dance. Remember "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone" and "I Don't Wanna Wait" by Paula Cole? "Too Close" by Next? "Sonny Came Home" by Shawn Colvin? "Waiting For Tonight" by Jennifer Lopez? "All Cried Out" by Allure? "I Just Wanna Fly" by Sugar Ray? "I Want You" and "Truly Madly Deeply" by Savage Garden? Oh, good times, good times.

Quote of the Day: "Erotic beard trimming?" "Don't you ever say that again!"

:: SL 10:56 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?